My Initial Thoughts
1. I did several drafts and even still it isn't exactly as I want it. There's a good chance I will re-draft my year in review yet again to end up with a product that makes me happy. I think I would have had more pleasing results had I started with a smaller topic.
2. I LOVE colored pens (Sharpie Pens make my heart flutter). I tend to be more text-driven than graphics-focused so I might need to up my art game for sketchnoting in the future.
3. I did it by hand rather than using the computer. I know lots of folks have great success using various technology tools, but see #2: I LOVE colored pens.
4. This was a great exercise for me in looking back on the year. I can definitely see myself sketchnoting a valuable conference session or other PD experience. I'd like to do a more approachable quarter in review to stay on top of our library program moving forward.
5. I think this could be a really valuable tool to use in the classroom. It would give students another strategy for consuming and reflecting on content. I envision it being taught whole class and then later offered as a choice to those students to whom it appealed.
Sketchnoting in the Classroom Resources
Now go get your ART on!
You might also like:
Who We Are
Join our list!