So, take 5 minutes, look through some of the resources that have helped our ideas bubble up lately, keep counting down the days until summer, and make sure you are living and teaching each and every one of those days to its fullest.
Take 5 with Corey
1. Check out this Cult of Pedagogy blog post on Single Point Rubrics. I'm now a believer and am trying this out in June! If you decide to try it, be sure to share with the world using #singlepointrubric.
2. Start dreaming of your classroom next year and get inspiration for new design that promotes collaboration at A.J. Juliani's "Meet 4 Teachers Who Took Classroom Design to the Next Level."
3. This Washington Post article on displaying student data had me cringing and then talking to colleagues. "This ed-reform trend is supposed to motivate students. Instead, it shames them."
4. Learn more about the newest trend in professional development, EdCamp, and find a way to join. You'll be glad you did.
Take 5 with Gretchen
1. There are lots of phenomenal educators on Pinterest. Two of my favorite pinners are Tech Coach Techy_Margaret and Teacher Librarian Diana Rendina. It's easy to get lost in their boards and then come away having found new ideas, resources, and inspiration.
3. At the Fall 2015 edCamp NOVA, I attended a session on sketchnoting and have been intrigued ever since: this video offers a great primer on the basics. Search #sketchnote on Twitter or Instagram for examples, or take a look at Sylivia Duckworth's notes on Flickr. It would be fun to sketchnote a session at a summer conference or even use it with students as the year wraps up -- why not ask them to do a year in review using this visual note taking strategy? I've been meaning to introduce my Sharpie Pens to sketchnoting; I'll commit to sharing one with you by the end of June. Hold me accountable!
4. The end of the year is full of stress -- testing, transitions, trying to wrap it all up, why not break out one (or all 5) of the 5 Positive Hallway Conversations suggested by blogger Aaron Hogan.
You might also like:
Who We Are
Join our list!