Can you believe summer break is almost over? I know for many of our readers, school has already begun, but here in Northern Virginia, our students don't come back for a few more weeks. I, on the other hand, head back to work next week. And, even though summer ends every year, I'm feeling a bit stunned that it happened so fast this time around. It's hard for me to go from 0 to 60 on day one, so I'm focused this week on getting my school year mojo back. Here are some things on my to do list for the week as I prep to go back to the library.
1. Roll back the alarm. Alas, I set alarms all summer -- my kids do swim team and band camp and all sorts of things. But we wake later in the summer. This week, I'm rolling back the alarm a bit (not all the way to 5:30am, but earlier than our summertime 7:15am). Getting accustomed to waking up early again makes the transition a bit easier.
2. Read some professional literature. A few things on my reading list this week:
3. Participate in a Twitter chat. Some of my most valuable professional learning has occurred through my personal learning network on Twitter. Twitter chats are a great way to connect and there are so many different ones, across all different interests and content areas. I think I'm going to jump in on #satchat or #sunchat this week to help ramp up my own back-to-school energy.
4. Make in-person professional connections. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few district colleagues one evening this week -- a casual get together that will help get us focused on the school year.
5. Set goals. Just one or two to get started. A couple of my goals for the school year
What do you do to get into the back-to-school mindset? What other reading suggestions do you have? Who do you talk to to increase your back-to-school energy? I'd love to hear your ideas!
You might also like:
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Who We Are
Join our list!